Gingham Style! (You may have seen our Instagram yesterday when we posted this cutie!) Photo styling with gingham is one of my go-to styles. When styling recently for this Babiekins shoot, we styled our Model, Alberto, in bright gingham! So, I thought through this shoot, I would share some of my photo styling tips for you when your doing your own photos. Our sweet and cute “Heartbreaker” Alberto, here is a professional model with many assignments to his credit, but with a few tips your shoot can be pro as well! These tips are adapted from our Kids Style 25 Tips Book. You can Download in our Sidebar.
- The time of your photo shoot is very important. Make sure kids are well rested and not hungry.
- If you are not having a Stylist at your photo shoot, the #1 tip is bring clothing that fits your child at the time of the shoot and ensure that all clothing is ironed. Also, don’t forget to tend to shoes. While shoes don’t necessary need to be fashionable, ensure that they are in good condition, since they are oftentimes photographed.
- While I’m in the child fashion/wardrobe industry, I certainly really appreciate the trends, but when taking professional photographs, consider wearing some basic wardrobe with a bit of trend.
- With the “bit of trend” being said, consider having a few photos with what your child loves or what she/he wears often. It will be fun to look back on those early fashion preferences, right?!
- Consider having photos taken outside of a studio setting. Oftentimes, when you are doing an activity (especially an activity that your child loves), you get the most sincere expressions!
Also, as with this shoot with Alberto, you can take wardrobe from casual to dress for a different look. We added this Dinner Jacket to dress the look up. (We added a “cupcake wrapper” flower boutonniere. This was a Valentine Day Craft shoot for Babiekins, so we were showing how else you can use your cupcake wrapper flower for the holiday)
Most important for your photo shoot and working with your photographer – have fun and make it a day of making memories! We did just that in this professional photo shoot as well with a dream team of Alberto (Agency), Childrens Commericial Photographer, Lynne Graves and Hair and Makeup, Karrie Welch.